Singapore Airlines

LouiseS

Hi all just wondering about people's experiences of flying with SA as last time i went to Aus i flew with Emirates. Never flown with these before and as I have a horrific stopover time (17 hrs) in changi airport, i'm just wanting some ideas of what i can do bar book a transit hotel room to pass the time. As well as what the flight/food etc is like and if you are able to use your mobiles whilst at altitude? All info is much appreciated :)

Singapore Airlines are a great airline - go to Airlinemeals.net for pictures and reviews of their inflight food. But no you definitely cannot use your phone in the air.

I too would be considering booking a hotel with that amount of stopover, otherwise there is loads to do at Changi airport - free cinemas, swimming pools, butterfly garden etc. There's even a free bus tour that takes you into the city! http://www.changiairport.com

Hi all just wondering about people's experiences of flying with SA as last time i went to Aus i flew with Emirates. Never flown with these before and as I have a horrific stopover time (17 hrs) in changi airport, i'm just wanting some ideas of what i can do bar book a transit hotel room to pass the time. As well as what the flight/food etc is like and if you are able to use your mobiles whilst at altitude? All info is much appreciated :)

Singapore are better than Emirates and Changi is another world compared to the crowds at Dubai.

One of the transit hotels is right by the swimming pool and i think you can book in 6 hour blocks with the pool included in the price? 12 hours might be enough to book because the cost mounts up....or you might just want the pool for the day and use the room at night?

It's at a quiet end of the airport but you're only 5 mins walk from an upstairs eatery, with Subway, burgers, sushi...all that stuff. You can bring food back into the pool area because the pool bar only sells crisps...

Decent rooms, no windows, TV and shower.

Guest CoupleMoving2oz

we have a flight with SA on the airbus a380 economy on the upper deck, any experiances anyone? heathrow to singapore stopover 3 weeks then same plane and airline to sydney

we have a flight with SA on the airbus a380 economy on the upper deck, any experiances anyone? heathrow to singapore stopover 3 weeks then same plane and airline to sydney

Flew over on the upper deck, same as lower only smaller area. Comfy plane with good entertainment & food.

Guest sadiesmum

I think I remember seeing a thread on here saying that SA had taken the economy seats out of the upper deck?

Guest sadiesmum
Still there up to end of April

Good to know, we potentially flying in September and quite fancied experiencing it!

Good to know, we potentially flying in September and quite fancied experiencing it!

To be honest, no different to being on the lower deck.

A380, just newer better spec then the 777 series

Guest guest66832

I've paid a little more just to fly with Singapore airlines that's how much I rate them. I love their meals and always ask the air stewardesses to bring me another meal if there are any left over which there usually is. I'm going on the new airbus a380 out of London Heathrow on the 5th July and can't wait.

During one stop over in Singapore I had a little time before my onwards flight so I took one of the free coach tours around the city, it was good from what I can remember but I did actually fall asleep during it, not due to the tour but because I was cream crackered.

Guest CoupleMoving2oz

Lol thanks guys, as far as i am aware upper deck is their as ive reserved my seats, possibly on certain planes upper deck is removed from economy, as for food what food do you get? and upper deck economy is a smaller cabin as the rest is all business or 1st but the seats are in a 2-4-2 form rather than a 3-4-3 so like us, being a couple gets a window seat and just a row to ourselfs, as an added bonus being upper deck you get a compartment on the window edge where you can put storage/bag laptop pillow etc which you dont get downstairs.

Lol thanks guys, as far as i am aware upper deck is their as ive reserved my seats, possibly on certain planes upper deck is removed from economy, as for food what food do you get? and upper deck economy is a smaller cabin as the rest is all business or 1st but the seats are in a 2-4-2 form rather than a 3-4-3 so like us, being a couple gets a window seat and just a row to ourselfs, as an added bonus being upper deck you get a compartment on the window edge where you can put storage/bag laptop pillow etc which you dont get downstairs.

Good to know about the extras, assumed it was the same layout downstairs. As you enter the plane at the upper deck level.

We're flying out in July in economy on the a380 and couldn't pick seats on the upper deck.

Flew with then to Vietnam, great service an food was good too. Also flew to NZ with emirates, the main leg (Dubai - Sydney) was on the a380 too which was fine but the other legs on older planes were cramped and pretty uncomfortable (I'm 6'3"), the service and meals were good too.

Have to agree with the others Changi if so much nicer than Dubai. We've booked a 6 hour block in the hotel and we're only laying over for 8 hours. Be worth it have a shower and a snooze. Think it works out at about £45 per 6hr block.

We've decided (unless there are some stupidly cheap prices elsewhere) to use Singapore when we come back to the uk to visit, may as well commit to one airlines points system!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gzlvbs

Guest CoupleMoving2oz

Lol I found singapore economy was fairly cheap to be fair, its when you look at their suites,first class and business you see a huge difference, dont forget there rated the one of, (if not the worlds) best first class airline, hence silly prices.

We are going from london to singapore for 3 weeks then singapore to sydney (one way) and cost us £1200 inc all taxes etc for both of us. there all direct flights so basicly we paid £600 each, i did see some with budget airlines for £300, but in total the travel times were nearly 3x longer so would cost you that in hotel stays anyway!

just a tip, economy luggage is set to

PP- 1 x 20kg suitcase, 1 x 7kg hang luggage, and a handbag/or laptop bag. this may be different depending of your flight but i rang singapore airlines and kindly sweet talked them into upgrading us tp 30kg each! just a tip that may help you out. they seem very friendly and happy to consider anything for a better service.

p.s.. if your in the UK booking flights. contact "DIAL-A-FLIGHT" cheapest youll find flights ;)

We're flying out in July in economy on the a380 and couldn't pick seats on the upper deck.

Flew with then to Vietnam, great service an food was good too. Also flew to NZ with emirates, the main leg (Dubai - Sydney) was on the a380 too which was fine but the other legs on older planes were cramped and pretty uncomfortable (I'm 6'3"), the service and meals were good too.

Have to agree with the others Changi if so much nicer than Dubai. We've booked a 6 hour block in the hotel and we're only laying over for 8 hours. Be worth it have a shower and a snooze. Think it works out at about £45 per 6hr block.

We've decided (unless there are some stupidly cheap prices elsewhere) to use Singapore when we come back to the uk to visit, may as well commit to one airlines points system!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gzlvbs

Hi folks. I'm going to be booking my one way flights to Melbourne soon, flying in November. I believe as we ae emigrating on a 176 VISA we are elligable for extra baggage allowance. How do I go about this? At the point of booking or do I need to phone?

Thanks.

Guest karen561

Hi we flew from manchester 2 perth in nov last year with singapore airlines. We flew 2 munic, gt of, reboarded, flew 2 singapore, got of reboarded, then on 2 perth.

They are a top class airline food , staff everything fantastic, u get so much food snacks drinks, ur stuffed lol. Highly remomend u fly with them x

Hi folks. I'm going to be booking my one way flights to Melbourne soon, flying in November. I believe as we ae emigrating on a 176 VISA we are elligable for extra baggage allowance. How do I go about this? At the point of booking or do I need to phone?

Thanks.

Always worth doing a forum search or looking back in Transport section as this has been asked and answered many times :)

If you are going out on a permanent unvalidated visa than SA should give you double allowance, so 40kg each based on 20kg usually. Your best bet is to email the airline and get written confirmation that your double baggage allowance on your visa is ok and you won't be charged for it on check in. Then print that off and take it with you to the airport to be on the safe side.

Always worth doing a forum search or looking back in Transport section as this has been asked and answered many times :)

If you are going out on a permanent unvalidated visa than SA should give you double allowance, so 40kg each based on 20kg usually. Your best bet is to email the airline and get written confirmation that your double baggage allowance on your visa is ok and you won't be charged for it on check in. Then print that off and take it with you to the airport to be on the safe side.

Thank you :wink:

Were flying with Singapore airlines on Tuesday and have 40kg each for baggage, We phoned them to ask, then got email confirmation to print off and take to the airport. I have flown with then before on a trip to Bali with my two children and it was the best flight i have ever been on, great entertainment, food, staff are fantastic. Highly recommended.

Archived